Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lessons Learned

After Katrina, I learned lots of lessons. But one of the most important lessons I learned was this:

Plug everyone's phone number into your cell and never delete it.

There are lots of people who I still don't know are all right--casual acquaintances that I socialized with, but not often enough to take down their number. J.D., our usual waiter at the iHOP in Gulfport. The old man and his mother who used to stop by my Sav-A-Center three times a week back when I was living in Pass Christian. My co-workers at that Sav-A-Center. The guys who used to play hackey sack outside of the liberal arts building. My best friend's roommate's friends. The artist who occasionally ate lunch with me at The Cove.

Every now and then, I think about them and I wonder how they're doing. And while I can take some comfort in thinking that they're all right, nothing really beats knowing that they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home