Friday, June 09, 2006

A Phone Call to David Vitter's Office

I called David Vitter's office this morning to ask a few questions. When I broached the topic of the infamous quote from Wednesday's CNN article, the aide was quick to inform me that it was seven second snippet from a three minute speech. Apparently, Vitter was misquoted, and he meant that "protecting" the sanctity of marriage was the most important social concern.

When I pointed out other major social concerns in the area (namely levees, housing, etc.), he was quick to quip that I should speak to Vitter directly about these issues, and that he could not comment at this time. When I asked why an issue as "important" as the Marriage Protection was not listed on the senator's website, the aide informed me that once again, I should speak directly to the senator.

Still no word on how I can get directly in touch with the senator.

I also called Chaisson's office earlier today, but got his answering machine. I'll be calling again later this evening in regards to his support for the abortion bill that was passed by the state senate earlier this week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Frolic said...

When the aid said you need to talk to the senator, you should have asked for Vitter's cell phone number.

I called as well. I also called all Jefferson's offices and told him to resign.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger T. said...

How did Jefferson's aides react?

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger oyster said...

Great work T.!

Thanks for sharing your exchange.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home