Thursday, July 06, 2006

It only took three phone calls and a month, but he's finally got it right...

Dear Ms. T,

I have recently learned that you received a letter from me that incorrectly identified your position on the Federal Marriage Amendment. I am deeply sorry for this mistake and wish to assure you that this is not a common occurrence, but it is one that I strive to correct as soon as possible.

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the Federal Marriage Amendment. As you may know, the Marriage Protection Amendment, states, "Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution or the constitution of any State ... shall be construed to require that marriage or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon any union other than a man and a women." This legislation amending the U.S. Constitution would require passage by two-thirds of both the House of Representatives and Senate, and also ratification by three-quarters of the states.

I believe marriage to be a union between one man and one woman. The Marriage Protection Amendment removes the debate regarding the definition of marriage from the hands of the courts and judges and returns this decision to the American people, where I feel it belongs.

Once again, thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on this issue. Please continue to contact me in the future about other issues important to you.

Sincerely,
Senator David Vitter
United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my webiste to sign up for E-Updates and receive regular email updates from me on the issues important to Louisiana families.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray in New Orleans said...

All it took was me emailing him a second time to tell him he was an idiot, but I got one too.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Schroeder said...

Jesus H. Effing Christ. I thought marriage was a holy matrimony -- made in heaven, ordained by God.

I'll have to speed up my work on a Vitter post.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home