Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Potpourri of Thoughts

I've spent the last week and a half taking care of my grandma, who was recently released from the hospital after breaking her hip. I've been keeping up on the Louisiana blogosphere, but I haven't had much time to comment or write up anything myself. I should be home sometime in the next few days and I'll be back to my regular posting schedule.

I get Huffington Post briefings in my e-mail every day, and I was interested to find this sitting in my inbox when I woke up this morning. Most of it is a synopsis of the information we already knew, but there seems to be some evidence that indicates that the order came from the very top of the Bush administration.

More of my coverage on the Plame Game can be found here.

Amazingly enough, there was an excellent editorial in the Times-Picayune today regarding the removal of the Voodoo helicopters. I understand completely that the rash of wildfires across the country has made these helicopters indefinitely invaluable. However, New Orleans has limited resources for fighting fires at the moment, and the helicopters are, in my humble opinion, needed much more here than they are elsewhere, where full staff and full utilities are available to the fire departments. To read the editorial click here.

I hope everyone has an excellent 4th of July.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rail Claimore said...

Same to you.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous adrastos said...

I hope your grandma is okay. Oops, I'm not supposed to be nice so lemme add: the old biddy. ;-)

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home