Thursday, August 03, 2006

Greetings, Salutations, and Hello!

It's been awhile, hasn't it? July has been a busy month for me. After spending a week in California and with the school year quickly approaching, I've found very little time to blog about the political happenings in the city, though I've had a lot of thoughts about what's going on. But more on that later.

I've always been one to do things (save, perhaps, writing essays) at the last moment, and scheduling courses at the University of New Orleans is one of them. This morning while I began to schedule classes, I discovered that most of the courses I needed were not available when and where I need to take them. I somehow suspect that this has something to do with the massive layoff of teachers earlier in the year. At any rate, I'm taking the half-hour journey down to Elysian Fields where I will hopefully speak with an English advisor who will hopefully manage to work out something with me. I'd really hate to transfer because as much of a hassle the university financial aid department can be, I really do love the school, the atmosphere, and the students.

I'll probably update later this week with some political ramblings, but if you're interested in reading about my journey to ComicCon SanDiego or simply want to read about my personal life, feel free to check out my personal blog.

Hope you've all been safe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Clio said...

Great to see you back. You were on a roll there for awhile.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Schroeder said...

Glad to see you're back. BTW, Lisa can tell you the situation at UNO is worse than they're advertising. There's some pretty lousy reporting going on in the city again.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Schroeder, considering how difficult it is for me to get into an entrance-level biology course at UNO, I have absolutely no doubts that the situation is worse than they claim it is.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home